NEVERWINTER: STORM KING’S THUNDER – SEA OF MOVING ICE UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE ON PC
The Epic Assault on Svardborg, Powerful Artifact Weapons, Upgraded Fishing Mechanics, and More Awaits Adventurers
Tuesday, November 8, 2016 —
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – November 8, 2016 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: Storm King’s Thunder – Sea of Moving Ice is now available. Neverwinter’s adventurers must scramble to break through giant defenses and stop all of the Forgotten Realms from turning to ice. The latest update to the Storm King’s Thunder expansion introduces an all-new adventure zone, fishing mini game, artifact weaponry, and more. Storm King’s Thunder: Sea of Moving Ice will arrive on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 early in 2017.
Picking up where Storm King’s Thunder ended, the Sea of Moving Ice update sends players to overcome the formidable defenses of Jarl Storvald, who threatens to blanket the lands in permafrost with the Ring of Winter’s awesome power. Players must navigate the treacherous and heavily-guarded seas surrounding Svardborg to gather support for the battle ahead. Along the way, they’ll be able try their luck at an updated fishing system, hunt for bottles filled with treasure maps and uncover lost relics to earn powerful artifact weapons.
This update to Neverwinter’s Storm King’s Thunder introduces several features, including:
- New Adventure Zone – Adventurers will traverse over half a dozen large ice mountains and several smaller icebergs to muster support against Jarl Storvald and his threat of endless winter.
- New Means of Travel – The Khyek is a new nautical vessel players will use to traverse the Sea of Moving Ice.
- Fishing Mini Game – Adventurers can hop in the Khyek and cast a line to catch over a hundred different species of fish, gaining reputation used to access and upgrade powerful, new weapons.
- Artifact Weaponry – Reclaiming lost giant relics from enemies is an effort that won’t go unnoticed, as players will earn weapons far stronger than any seen before.
- Treasure Hunting – In a true, swashbuckling tale, adventurers will discover floating bottles filled with maps leading to treasure throughout the Sea of Moving Ice.
- Assault on Svardborg – This epic, new level 70 trial pits 10 adventurers against the mighty Jarl Storvald in the heart of his stronghold, with both Normal and Master difficulty levels.
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG that features fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its surrounding countryside, learning the vivid history of the iconic city in the Forgotten Realms and battling its many enemies. Neverwinter is available on PC and is free to play digitally on Xbox One (with Xbox Live Gold*) and PlayStation®4 (PlayStation®Plus not required).
*On Xbox, Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required.